Views: 12 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-01-16 Origin: Site
High-speed centrifugal spray dryer is a widely used machine in liquid forming process and powder drying industry. It is suitable for the production of powdered and granular solid products from suspoemulsion, solution, emulsion and pasty liquid raw materials. Therefore, when the particle size distribution, residual moisture content, bulk density and particle shape of the finished product meet the standards, the spray dryer is a very ideal drying equipment.
The spray dryer is open circulation type with co-flow, centrifugal atomization. The drying medium air is filtered by the primary and medium-efficiency air filters, sucked by the blower according to the operating instructions, and then heated by the heater, and then enters the main spray drying tower through the hot air distributor of the filter. The liquid material passes through the peristaltic pump according to the operating instructions, enters the high-speed rotating centrifugal nozzle, and is dispersed into small droplets under the action of centrifugal force. In the main spray drying tower, the small droplets fully contact with the hot air, and after heat exchange along their specific paths, they are dried into products, and then separated by a cyclone separator, the solid materials are collected, and the gas medium is filtered and discharged. . The entire spray system is easy to clean, has no dead ends, and meets GMP requirements.
1. The spray drying speed is fast. After the material liquid is atomized, the surface area is greatly increased. During the contact with the hot air, 95%-98% of the water can be evaporated instantly, and the drying time only takes a few seconds, especially for heat-sensitive materials drying.
2. The product has good uniformity, fluidity and solubility. The higher the product purity, the better the quality.
3. The production process of the spray dryer is simplified and the operation and control are convenient. For liquids with a moisture content of 40-60% (up to 90% for special materials), it can be dried into powder products at one time. After drying, there is no need to pulverize and screen, reducing production processes and improving product purity. The particle size, bulk density and water content of the product can be adjusted by changing the operating conditions within a certain range, and the control and management are very convenient.
1. Contact between hot air flow and mist droplets: When a sufficient amount of hot air flow enters the spray drying chamber, the direction and angle of the hot air flow must be considered, whether it is co-current, counter-current or mixed flow, to ensure sufficient contact with the mist droplets could process adequate heat exchange.
2. Atomization: The atomization system of the spray dryer must ensure that the droplet size distribution is even, which is crucial. Because this can ensure the qualified rate of product quality.
3. Design of pipe angle and cone angle: We have obtained some experience data from the production of spray drying units, which can be shared with you.